Sedation Dentistry (or Sleep Dentistry as it is often called) is a broad and often confusing term that includes any type of sedation used in dentistry. The two types of sedation available at Cheyenne Mountain Dental are Limited Conscious Sedation (awake) and Moderate Conscious Sedation (asleep).
Limited Conscious Sedation Dentistry involves using oral pills or nitrous oxide (laughing gas) which will make you feel drowsy but should not put you to sleep.
Moderate Conscious Sedation Dentistry involves the use of I.V. sedation which produces sleep during which you will be free of pain and will have no memory of the procedure.
Our patients seek unconscious sedation dentistry due to their various needs. Here are just a few:
- Dental fears and phobias
- No time for multiple visits
- People with special needs
- People with fear of needles and shots
- A bad gag reflex
- Difficulty getting numb
- Very sensitive teeth
- Hate the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- Those that just want to be completely comfortable during there dental procedure
*There are many more reasons patients come to see us. What's yours? Click or call us now for more information. Your consultation is free!
What you can expect during your sedation appointment
- You are completely asleep within a few minutes
- You are monitored to control the level of sedation precisely and safely
- All of your dental treatment simply happens while you are asleep
- You feel no pain and have no memory of the dental work